The Mistletoe Mojito is a festive riff on the classic mojito. If you love a refreshing, minty mojito, you’ll love this holiday-themed version made with cranberry juice and cranberry simple syrup.
This post contains affiliate links to products and services we recommend. We may make a commission, and there is no cost to you.
We love mojitos. We’ve made them with blueberry, jalapeno, coconut, apple and basil, and even as a mocktail. So naturally we needed to make a Christmas version. And it needed cranberry juice and snowball ice cubes.
How to Make a Christmas Mistletoe Mojito
The first thing you need for this Christmas mojito is cranberry simple syrup. We love this Organic Cranberry Spice Syrup from Royal Rose Syrups, but making your own cranberry simple syrup is easy and delicious.
Combine one cup of fresh cranberries, one cup of sugar, and one cup of water in a saucepan and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. You want the cranberries to be softened but not popped. Remove from the heat and let it cool slightly.
Strain the fruit out with a fine mesh strainer, but don’t press the berries through because that will cloud the syrup. The cooked, strained cranberries are the equivalent of fresh cranberry sauce, so eat them with your holiday meal or enjoy them on yogurt or ice cream. And save a spoonful because you’ll use it in this drink.
While your syrup is cooling, gather the rest of the ingredients for the Mistletoe Mojito: 6-7 mint leaves (or more to your taste), 2 ounces rum, 1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice, 1 ounce cranberry juice, 1 ounce cranberry simple syrup, and 1 spoonful (about a tablespoon) of cooked cranberries.
Add the mint leaves, spoonful of cooked cranberries, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker and muddle gently. You don’t want to mash the mint leaves, you just want to massage them to release the oils.
Next, add ice, simple syrup, cranberry juice, and rum to the shaker and shake well until frosty. Strain into a highball glass — and to really make the mistletoe magic, you’ll need three ice spheres (get these ice molds to make spheres) so it looks like a snowman!
Finally, top with club soda or seltzer and garnish with a couple fresh cranberries and a sprig of mint. Cheers!
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, plus a few for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz light rum
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 6-7 mint leaves (or more to your taste)
- Seltzer or club soda
- To make the syrup: Simmer the cranberries, sugar, and water in a saucepan over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, then strain and allow to cool.
- Strain gently, don't press the cranberries through the strainer because it will cloud your syrup.
- Reserve a spoonful of strained cranberries. Save the rest of the cranberry sauce for a meal or dessert!
- To make the cocktail: In a cocktail shaker, gently muddle the mint leaves, lime juice and about a tablespoon of cranberry sauce.
- Add a few ice cubes, rum, cranberry juice, and 1 ounce of your cranberry syrup. Shake well until frosty.
- Strain into a highball glass over ice spheres, top with club soda, and garnish with a couple fresh cranberries and a sprig of mint.
- Please drink responsibly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is estimated and should only be used as a general guideline.